Thursday, September 6, 2007

SHOULDN'T IT BE EASIER? - Part 13

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.
Learn - acquire knowledge of or skill in by study, instruction, or experience: become informed of or acquainted with. "Come to Me, Get away with Me, I'll show you, Walk with Me, Work with Me, Watch how I do it."
Unforced - not brought about by coercion or force; not resulting from undue effort; not forced;
"Take a real rest, I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you."
Rhythms - Movement or variation characterized by the regular recurrence or alternation of different quantities or conditions: The pattern of development produced in a literary or dramatic work by repetition of elements such as words, phrases, incidents, themes, images, and symbols. Procedure or routine characterized by regularly recurring elements, activities, or factors: "Keep company with Me." Jesus Christ the same yesterday today and forever.
Grace - favor or good will. a manifestation of favor, mercy; clemency; pardon: an act of grace.
favor shown in granting a delay or temporary immunity. "Live freely and lightly."
I was about to go off and say that the words were incomplete because there is no indication of how hard it is to live these verse out every day. And then I was drawn to the words about four lines up. "Keep company with Me."
Keep - maintain (some action), in accordance with specific requirements, a promise, etc.: to keep watch; to keep step. to maintain in condition or order, as by care and labor: to cause to stay in a particular place; prevent or restrain from departure:
The specific requirements begin with "get away with Me." For how long and how often? KEEP!MAINTAIN! Stay in a particular place. prevent, restrain from departure. I know this, I think I understand it and I desire it.... don't I? Maybe so but, do I desire it bad enough? If I take inventory of my allotted twenty four hours in a day, I have no doubt that I keep company with some other things more than I do with Him. I don't know why but I guess I am concerned about people saying that I am so heavenly minded that I am no earthly good. I don't believe for one moment that keeping company with Him makes that so. In fact just the opposite. So why would I watch the same Mash episode that I've seen at least 30 times verses reading the word or praying? What are the odds of that program changing or even impacting my life when I wake the next morning?
Company - companionship; fellowship; association: united or incorporated for joint action.
Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. Unforced! The ball is in my court.

No comments: