Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Outer Collapse - Inner Strength Part 14

Okay, back to Isaiah 66:1-2 the word that confirmed for Ann Marie and I Onething Prayer Center.
Thus says the LORD: “Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest? 2 For all those things My hand has made, And all those things exist,” Says the LORD.
I knew that God had no need for a man-made temple. After all He has all of heaven and all of earth. But "The Place of My Rest" which refers to the temple is what I/we were convinced that God desired for us to create. He was very specific, that it was to be according to His plan and not my talents, gifts, ability or knowledge. In fact He specifically told me to forget all I knew about church, ministry, business and even what I thought I knew about Him. The reason for that has become more apparent over the past year.
“But on this one will I look:
God is always looking for true worshippers. John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” God is bringing together a remnant of people, a remnant of true worshippers and Onething was and is to be just one of the places that they would come and offer true worship. He would then inhabit the worship and praises of His people. God does not inhabit the four walls of Onething. God is inhabiting the worship and praises of a people and that lingers in the air for hours, days or months. From that there would be signs and wonders that follow. While I see a sprinkling of that I am very much aware that it is a fraction of what God desires. Onething is not a location or a destination. It's a vehicle.
The next words carry a great responsibility with them if the above is assumed to be true for myself. Again I am aware that it is not in my own strength and I must surrender to do my part so God will do His part.
On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at My word.
Contrite spirit and trembles at My word are saying the same thing as John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” The Message says it this way, "But there is something I'm looking for: a person simple and plain, reverently responsive to what I say." Several translations use the word humble. HUMBLE! SIMPLE, PLAIN, REVERENT. No wonder God told me to forget everything I knew about church, ministry, business, and Him. It is my opinion that "True" humility is hard to find today. As for tremble at His word? When is the last time that happened?

No comments: