Monday, November 19, 2007

Outer Collapse - Inner Strength - Finale

Isaiah 54:1-6 "Sing, barren woman, who has never had a baby. Fill the air with song, you who've never experienced childbirth! You're ending up with far more children than all those childbearing women." God says so!" Clear lots of ground for your tents! Make your tents large. Spread out! Think big! Use plenty of rope, drive the tent pegs deep.You're going to need lots of elbow room for your growing family.You're going to take over whole nations; you're going to resettle abandoned cities.

This weekend at the Prayer Center God brought children for us to mother and father. Out of the clear blue they came for comfort, wisdom, direction and prayer. I say children but most were the twenty somethings. Some had painful issues and serious questions. Others were wounded by church and people. God gave them a place in the Prayer room. We didn't give birth to any of them. If not for the grace of God and His faithfulness we would not even know them.
Don't be afraid—you're not going to be embarrassed. Don't hold back—you're not going to come up short.
This says to me that I must see with spiritual eyes and not be distracted by the seemingly outer collapses. Where there is fear there is no faith. Without faith it is impossible to please God. If I view my life as the world views it I will be embarrassed most of the time, especially right now. If I judge what I have by the worlds standards then I have and will continue to come up short. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways and should expect nothing from the Lord. Double minded! One moment in the things of God and the next distracted by the things of the world. One moment humble and the next wanting significance. The boundaries are subtle. Deception is but a thought away. It comes from the outside and tries to enter in. God is "in" and pushes out.
You'll forget all about the humiliations of your youth, and the indignities of being a widow will fade from memory. For your Maker is your bridegroom, his name, God-of-the-Angel-Armies!Your Redeemer is The Holy of Israel, known as God of the whole earth.
Inner strength is knowing that my Maker is my bridegroom. He is God of the Angel Armies! The one who has redeemed me is the God of the whole earth. We must know who we are in Christ. It appears as though I have let former humiliations and indignities creep in and distract me from who I am in Christ. ENOUGH!

No comments: