Friday, November 9, 2007

Outer Collapse - Inner Strength Part 12

Isaiah 54:1-6 "Sing, barren woman, who has never had a baby. Fill the air with song, you who've never experienced childbirth! You're ending up with far more children than all those childbearing women." God says so! "Clear lots of ground for your tents! Make your tents large. Spread out! Think big! Use plenty of rope, drive the tent pegs deep.
You're going to need lots of elbow room for your growing family.
This is really funny in light of certain events that have just occurred. Our 3200 sq ft has been.... shall I say, a challenge during the past year as funds or lack of, have been one of my outer collapses. Yet today I found myself looking at the space next to us (5 times)which is being vacated today, and wondering how we can move over to it. It would be spreading out and thinking big for sure! It has highway exposure and many, many, other benefits along with another 1100 sq ft. Have I lost my mind? Am I crazy? Next month for the first time, we know that we will take in enough money to pay the rent. That's not everything but it's far more than we have known any other month. Am I really to consider a "larger tent?" Oh, did I mention that there are two prophets who said that our 3200 sq ft was too small. I laughed at them as I have had no desire to undertake any further financial obligations. They spoke of December as a turning point and that finances would no longer be an issue. REALLY?
Our family is growing but, we have plenty of elbow room most of the time. But then again does God have something in mind that I have no clue of? This is like when a man gets the idea he wants a new car. Suddenly everything in the world is going wrong with the current car. I don't want to do that. Our 3200 sq ft is absolutely great and serves us well. There will always be "something better."
My prayer time this weekend will be to determine if the word about elbow room is past, present, or future. Of course immediately I am aware that God is all three. He is past and spoke to us in the past. He is present and may be speaking to us right now about this space. And He may very well be prophesying as to where we are to go in the future. Well it just so happens that I serve in a prayer center. And with that the music playing just said, "Be still and know that He is God." Coincidence? Not likely! I've heard it before on more than one occassion. So with that stillness is the agenda for this weekend.

No comments: