Friday, May 11, 2007

Troubled Believer Weekend Review

It's late Friday night and I'm just getting to this so that should tell you something. I prefer to write when I'm fresh, at the beginning of my day and not at the close. And I actually considered just blowing this off. But then that just may be the number one cause for becoming a troubled believer?
This is a journal of my conversations with God so to blow it off would be to say that those conversations were not important. I got distracted today and it's taken me all day to get refocused. As I sit here in the Prayer Room, listening to a man sing to God. I have not recognized the words to a single song. This is his conversation with God and I am finding rest just listening in. At moments it feels like I'm ease dropping. But it's the Prayer Room and he has willingly agreed to come and pour out his heart for anyone to hear. So my evening is just rereading Psalm 77 and my journal for the week. The only distraction trying to take me away is the lack of anyone else other than Ann Marie being in the room. I know it's Friday evening. I know it's dinner time. I know, I know.
O God, You are here in Your sanctuary! You are the God who does wonders! I am so thankful for the wonders You have performed this week. You have declared Your strength to me. You have with Your arm redeemed Me. SELAH! (Pause and think on that.)

No comments: