Thursday, May 3, 2007

Troubled Believer Part 7

Psalm 77: 10 And I said, "This is my anguish; But I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High."
Mark this verse. This is my anguish. God has not given me this anguish, it's mine. God has not turned from me, I have turned from Him. His mercy has not ceased. His promise has not failed. His graciousness has not come to an end. And he is not angry with me. My anguish is because I have been distracted from Him. I have forgotten but now my spirit has brought to my remembrance the years of the right hand of the Most High.
Psalm 77:11 I will remember the works of the Lord; Surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
I am seeing a change in the Psalmist just as there has been in me many, many times as I have moved from my mind, my will and my emotions to the things my spirit searches for and brings to my remembrance. The works of the Lord. The wonders of God. SELAH! ( Pause and think on that.)
Today is the National Day of Prayer and while every day should be a national day of prayer it's currently not in the American culture. But let's take time today and selah on the works of the Lord and wonders of God. The Psalmist did and it changed him. I can always use a change toward God.

No comments: