Thursday, December 6, 2007

Simplify!

The hours are counting down in December and 2007. It is shaping up to be one of the most memorable years of my life. Nothing stands out as bad and nothing stands out as extraordinary. What does stand out has been the simplicity of that.
I am a visionary. I am very creative. Yet this year there has been no new vision and nothing creative. It's been being still and letting God be God. Oh there have been temptations. I would have loved to sink my teeth into a couple seemingly great opportunities this year. It has been spoken of me in the past that I was a WOW person. If you wanted wow then Ed was the man. The only wow that comes to mind for this year is how simple life has become. By no means am I saying that I have it down or that I don't have a long way to go. Most assuredly there is more to do in that direction. But I can't remember a year without a wow. Some big event or undertaking that was bigger than life. Today the only thing bigger than life thing to me is God. I am so aware of how little I understand and know about Him. Yet I am equally aware that I am closer to Him than ever before.
I have been thinking that I have lost my creativity or that I am out of energy and that I have lost my edge. That may all be true when it's in the worlds perspective but as for my relationship with God...... I have the energy of ten men and I feel like I'm still on the cutting edge of not so much as to what He's doing but as to who He is and how much He loves me and what He has done for me. So long as I take every thought captive to the word of God I spend my days living in God's house, gazing upon His beauty, and sitting at His feet. Many say that they want that. I have it. I think the difference is that for most it is a dream and we all know that dreams are just thoughts that didn't receive enough effort to become reality.
And here's the truth. I had to spend days in God's house, gaze upon His beauty and sit at His feet long before He gave us Onething Prayer Center. Until recently I thought the journey I am on today began 5 years ago. As of this writting it has been revealed that it began about 25 years ago. I'm sure that I may actually see at some time how it began long before that but it is amazing to be able to look back and see that some of my choices have and are turning out to be good ones.
Out of revelation of my relationship with the father has come a correct response.

No comments: