Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Simplify!

As part of my simplify focus I have decide to not undertake any new thoughts. You might ask how I intend to accomplish that as thoughts just come and go as they please don't they? NOT! Well at least partially not.
2 Corinthians 10:3-6 The world is unprincipled. It's dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn't fight fair. But we don't live or fight our battles that way—never have and never will. The tools of our trade aren't for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture. We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.
It is true that thoughts come at will but I am in control of how much attention they get. I determine whether they are worthy of action or trash to be discarded. This may sound like more work than simplifying. The word says, it's not when I use my powerful God tools.
The best example I can use is that of a power drill. A power drill makes putting a screw into something much easier than doing so with a non-powered screw driver. In fact I'm not sure why the non-powered screw driver hasn't been placed in a museum. The power of a drill has so many advantages. This is true for all power tools. I do not own many but I have a friend who has them all. If I have a major project I call him up and ask him to bring his tools. I enjoy the benefits of what he has bought and paid for.
I do not have all the understanding and wisdom that God has. I don't have the patience that God has. But, by virtue of my relationship with him He allows me to use His power tools. My friend/God makes sure that the tools are ready for use. The battery is always charged and all the add on tools are there ready for me and my task.
It's true that much of my confusion, my outer collapses come from loose thoughts and emotions and impulses. Perhaps I am still trying to put the screw in with an old fashioned non-powered screw driver. I think I'll make a call to my Friend/God who has all the latest greatest power tools.
The tools have been bought and paid for! The tools have been made ready! The tools are at hand for my use! I am equipped to clear my mind of every obstruction! I am prepared to build my life of obedience into maturity!

No comments: